15 September 2010

Review: Wherever Nina Lies by Lynn Weingarten

lynn weingarten, wherever nina lies, this is point, bookish-escape, scholastic
Wherever Nina Lies by Lynn Weingarten
Publication Date: 1 February 2009
Publisher: Scholastic
ISBN: 0545066336 (ISBN13: 9780545066334)
Format: Paperback
Pages: 320
Source: Bought

Author's Site, Author's Twitter, Buy HardbackPaperback from Book Depository

Summary:
Have you seen Nina?

Nina was beautiful, artistic, wild . . . and adored by her younger sister, Ellie. But one day, without any warning, Nina disappeared.

Two years later, Ellie can't stop thinking about her sister. Although everyone else has given up hope that Nina will return, Ellie just knows her sister is out there, somewhere. If only Ellie had a clue where to look.

And then she gets one, in the form of a mysterious drawing tucked into the pages of a book. Determined to find her sister, Ellie takes off on a crazy, sexy, cross-country road trip with the only person who believes she's got a chance -- her hot, adventurous new crush.

Along the way, Ellie finds a few things she wasn't planning on. Like love. Mysteries. Lies. And something far more shocking...the truth.


Review:
OMGOSH this is one page turner! The ending really shocked me, I totally did not see that coming! I don't even want to tell you if the ending is a happy one or a sad one, because that might ruin it for you. I read this till 2.30AM! I was lost in time! Gosh, I think next time I should start reading earlier so I can make sure I sleep early.

I really love all these little mysteries and clues, they kept me wondering and my curiousity burning. They're also pretty interesting. There were moments I got so scared and worried, and moments I felt reallyyyy happy for them. And I can feel Ellie's strong love for Nina, they don't know everything about each other, but I feel like they know and understand each other very well, even though it might not be the case in Ellie's POV. I'm impressed! I want a sister-relationship like that now too, thank you.

I love the addition of drawings and some other stuffs, they really made this more interesting. The girls in the drawings aren't really how I imagined them though, I imagined Nina and Ellie to be wayyy more beautiful, more like the girl from the cover. PS: I am disappointed that the beautiful drawings aren't coloured, because I would love to see Nina's hair colours.

It's easy to like all the characters in the book, in fact I loved most of them. Even the one I think everyone should be hating, I didn't hate him/her, I just felt really sorry for him/her.

Conclusion:
This book definitely made an impact! In a great way, of course. Love this book!

PS (this is now the next morning): I actually had a dream about this book, or a similar dream anyway. Wowza!

Cover Design:
Love love love the cover, the cover girl is pretty, her hair is pretty, the fonts are pretty. I like the idea of the girl putting her finger to her lips, the the book title only show her one eye. The other paperback cover is pretty too!

MY BLOG

6 comments:

Misha1989 said...

This is so strange that I never noticed you had a book blog too. I am a follower now. And thanks for the review!

Books Glorious Books said...

Wow this looks like a really great read! I'd never even heard of this book before reading this review!
Definitely one to add to my to-be-read pile!

Fi-chan (Bookish-Escape) said...

Misha1989: it's okay, and thank you! :D

Books Glorious Books: I think it is a really great read! :D

....Petty Witter said...

Thanks for recommending this book, its great when we are kept guessing right until the very end. I saw your blog on the September Spectacular site and thought I'd stop by to say hello. Nice to have met you, I've enjoyed visiting.

....Petty Witter said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Steph said...

Great review, I haven't seen this one around so I will be sure to add it to my TBR pile! Thanks for joining the September Spectacular!