29 December 2010

2011 Retold Fairy Tales & Enchanted Cousins Reading Challenge

Photobucket

Challenge Objective:
To read stories that have taken classic fairy tales that we all know and love, and have woven them into a new alternative tale that mirrors the original.

Challenge Levels:
Dreamer: 1 -3 retold fairy tale reads
Magical: 4 -6 retold fairy tale reads
Enchanted: 6 -9 retold fairy tale reads
HEA: 9 -12 retold fairy tale reads

I don't know many books that are retold from fairy tales, so I'll stick with Dreamer level, unless I actually get to read more than 3 books. It depends, I'll see.

Possible Reading List:
  • Once Upon a Marigold by Jean Ferris
  • Twice Upon a Marigold by Jean Ferris
  • Beastly by Alex Flinn
  • Cloaked by Alex Flinn
  • Sister Red by Jackson Pearce

LOL I think I'll borrow that first two books from my friend.

ANYWAY, this is hosted by Among the Muses, the informations and sign up linky are in this post. :D

1 comment:

Dana Wright said...

Don't forget Red Riding Hood, the new book and movie. iDrakula maybe. Not a fairy tale exactly, but cool.

Dana @ bookgirlknitting.blogspot.com/