31 January 2011

Review: The Undomestic Goddess by Sophie Kinsella

The Undomestic Goddess - Sophie Kinsella
Publication Date: October 30th 2007
Publisher: Dell
ISBN: 044024238X (ISBN13: 9780440242383)
Format: Mass Market Paperback
Pages: 384

Author's Site, Buy paperback from Book Depository

Summary:
High-powered attorney Samantha Sweeting has just made a mistake that could snuff out her career. In total meltdown, she abandons her office and catches the first available train out of London, winding up in the middle of nowhere. Still suffering from brain freeze, she wanders first into a large mansion and then into a job as a housekeeper. Samantha's domestic skills are in severe disarray, but somehow she blunders through sewing, ironing, cleaning, and patching together her life.

Review:
First of all, oh my gosh, what have I been missing? Blackberry existed back in 2004?!?!?!?! *googles* oh my, existed since 1999?! I've always thought it uh, appeared, in the recent years. Maybe it wasn't popular back then? *hopeful* oh well..

I loveeeeee the romance part, so cute and sweet and awww! Sophie Kinsella has written another awesome main male character, in fact, I think I'm in love with most of her fictional main male characters! For the books published as Sophie Kinsella at least, there's another book that I haven't read, and I read none of the books published as Madeleine Wickham, yet. D:

As always, and as usual, the humour is awesome. I think Sophie Kinsella did a great job at Samantha as well. Might be a little exaggerated, but really, if we were Samantha, we might do something similar to what she did. And Samantha's undomestic-ness is really shocking. At least I'm not as undomestic-y.

Though, it took be quite long to understand better about the uhm, legal parts. I mean, 3 parties, and I don't know a thing about law, really quite confusing, But at least in the end I understood better, and the parts that I still isn't sure about doesn't matter that much, I think.

Well, the ending is quite unsatisfying for me. I mean, I want to know more, but it ended already! There's also something that I want to know, but I don't think I'll know. Perhaps it's hinted somewhere lol, and I'm too blind to see/realize that. I think the ending-style is kinda the same with her other book, Remember Me?.

It's pretty awesome, you know. I wonder if she's going to start another series.

Conclusion:
The usual awesome Sophie Kinsella style. If you like her other works, you'll like/love this. If you like chick lit and never tried her, just buy any of her books.

Cover Design:
Well, I love mine. I don't really fancy the other / more common cover, unflattering yellow. This one is cuter, brighter, and prettier. :D

PS: Ohmygod, there's a movie for this book in development?! :O Yay!

No comments: