15 May 2012

Review: The Last Song


The Last Song
The Last Song by Nicholas Sparks

My rating: 5 of 5 stars

Summary:
Seventeen year-old Veronica “Ronnie” Miller’s life was turned upside-down when her parents divorced and her father moved from New York City to Wilmington, North Carolina. Three years later, she remains angry and alienated from her parents, especially her father… until her mother decides it would be in everyone’s best interest if she spent the summer in Wilmington with him. Ronnie’s father, a former concert pianist and teacher, is living a quiet life in the beach town, immersed in creating a work of art that will become the centerpiece of a local church

I haven't finish the book yet, only 120++ pages into it. But I must say, even from early on, Ronnie is a pretty accurate description of teenage rebellious teenage girl, who isn't stupid or too nice or too hipster either, or hating on rich people, or some shit. Just right, just nice. In fact, I feel like I have a lot in common with her. I wish she was real, we could be good friends.

Okay I'm done reading it. Throughout my whole reading experience, I couldn't really imagine Miley as Ronnie. My mind kept using Lucy Hale (Aria from Pretty Little Liars) as Ronnie, probably because of her role in PLL or maybe because I've seen her on TV a few times before PLL too. She seems like she would be a good Ronnie, rebellious and purple streaks in her hair.

I read somewhere that Nicholas Sparks find Ronnie to be the hardest character to write because he had never been an angry 17-year-old teenage girl, but I think he did a pretty good job with Ronnie. It's pretty amazing how much I can relate to Ronnie. I wish I have a father as understanding as Ronnie's, I wish that's how my parents would react to my rebellious acts (and mine are not as bad as hers!).

And as always, Nicholas Sparks delivered a very good novel.

Cover Design: Meh, Miley. Yay, Liam.

View all my reviews

No comments: