02 January 2013

Review: The Catastrophic History of You and Me


The Catastrophic History of You and Me
The Catastrophic History of You and Me by Jess Rothenberg

My rating: 5 of 5 stars



I might be too emotionally attached to this book now, I'm not sure I can write anything resembling a review. Anyway, such a beautiful book. So many things I could relate to, so many.

I love the love story in this book. It's different. It's not your typical teenage love story. But it's so much more than a love story, or a heart break story. The friends and family play a big part in the book, just like in real life. (I don't buy the shit where girl meets guy, and she's all she cares about. Everyone else? Pretty much dead to her)

It's all these stuffs that stick with me, how much I could relate to it, how real the character Brie feels, going through these stuff with her, how childish, stubborn, idiotic, immature Brie can be, but yet on top of understanding why she's doing that, I want to defend her actions, because I am also pretty sure that's what I'd do too. I don't like, or love Brie. She feels so real, I am accepting all her flaws just like what I'd do to real people I meet.

Ohmygosh I think I love everything about this book, well nearly anyway. The writing confuses me sometimes (or maybe I'm just too impatient, oh well). Still didn't affect much.

SPOILER: The ending does confuse me a little. Does that mean both of them have their souls back, and towards the end they were both moving on? I'm a little slow, and blur.

It's going to be one of my favourite books ever. It might just be my emotional attachment, and how it helped me go through some stuffs, but it's more than enough for me.

Not going to lie, books like this make me realize how shitty other books can be. coughFallencough, still better than Twilight and Halo though. Think I'm still going to read the next book though. Ah well, who can resist guilty pleasures? Hey, at least it's not the worst.

MAIN BLOG
View all my reviews

3 comments:

Brandi Kosiner said...

I have been eyeing this one for a while. Sorry it wasn't as good as you wanted>
Happy reading,
Brandi from Blkosiner’s Book Blog

Anonymous said...

[p]The Made To Order exclusive custom activities will display more new styles and materials, then we will mail invitations to you . Pattern use the the symmetry technique in the art of this unique [url=http://www.louisvuittoncanadaonlines.com]louis vuitton canada online[/url] "pied" is organized, full of mean . They are well aware of the dedication and excellence from portrait ultimate pursuit of perfection, and always adhere to personally . Today's business professionals abroad will carry computers, smart phones [url=http://www.louisvuittoncanadaonlines.com]louis vuitton canada[/url] and tablet computer . Use of exotic materials, the pattern of strong rivets, Armour series refined into a chic urban style rock aesthetics . [url=http://www.louisvuittoncanadaonlines.com]louis vuitton purses canada[/url] S . Gucci prepare all kinds of small dresses and men's formal wear [url=http://www.louisvuittoncanadaonlines.com]louis vuitton bags canada[/url] dresses to choose from, it is well known that Gucci classic color of the red carpet dress for many star, or graceful or sexy, or retro or avant-garde, given a can help you to create the style you want . White chastity girl, pure love, romantic wedding, elegant wedding, is happy wedding, simple and elegant profile shape [url=http://www.louisvuittoncanadaonlines.com]louis vuitton canada outlet
[/url] and a symbol of eternal commitment halo of gold, telling newcomers touching love.[/p]

Anonymous said...

[p]As luxury consumption [url=http://www.louisvuittoncanadaonlines.com]louis vuitton purses canada[/url] centers in southwest China, Chengdu Isetan its unique charm to attract customers all over the country come to consumption . Bertelli [url=http://www.louisvuittoncanadaonlines.com]louis vuitton bags canada[/url] said bag sale, 40% within a year launched . He said that if the nylon bag can make a comeback, it is because it is in line with the [url=http://www.louisvuittoncanadaonlines.com]louis vuitton canada online[/url] trend . Fine texture, excellent workmanship, different shapes with various types of clothing, creating a chic style . Dog neck wear iconic bow ANTEPRIMA, that section of the chain of the dog's head can be removed into the bag body, also can mix and match all kinds of chain, to give to every day different LOOK!

The only lively VIP WIREBAG of use brown WIRE woven, very realistic, more intimate neck with a dog collar, full of fashion sense . sight, made ??of delicate soft calfskin leather soft and smooth, distinguished perfect show, the package body fantastic embroidery and stitching techniques techniques combined show off skills in full bloom in the package surface, the mystery of the strange totem perfectly the African cultural customs at the same time more people had shocked at the designer's [url=http://www.louisvuittoncanadaonlines.com]louis vuitton canada outlet
[/url] exquisite design and wonderful workmanship of the artisans . The process has the same cut staffing suture, seven meticulous dyeing, strict quality checks, as well [url=http://www.louisvuittoncanadaonlines.com]louis vuitton canada[/url] as clean . unexpected accessories are reflected more of the brand's classic value.[/p]